This resume sample is for a position as an Inventory Controller or Inventory Control Supervisor. The functional resume format is useful here in a number of ways. Let’s take a look!
About this Resume Sample
Paul (not his real name) has worked at the same company for ten years, but now he wants to move into a leadership role that will also bring in a higher salary! The functional format gives Paul the freedom to show off his skills and achievements in a way that will show his next employer that he deserves that higher salary. What else makes Paul’s resume stand out?
- Paul’s Objective states two job titles. Both titles are for someone who can lead others.
- In the Summary of Qualifications section, Paul not only lists his years in Inventory Control, but also his number of years leading teams. He also stresses his talent for coaching and being a team player. Clearly, Paul excels at inventory control, and also as a “people person”!
- Paul calls the next section Professional Accomplishments. He then lists two skill headings, repeating his main skills that he wants to put to use in his next job. Under each skill heading, Paul starts by giving us numbers that will impress the reader and also give us a sense of the scope of his work.
- He also includes the results of his efforts; in other words, what was improved because of what Paul did? This is a great way to help a hiring manager see how Paul will be an asset at his next job!
- In the Work History section, Paul clearly shows his job titles and the years he spent at each one. We also see that he worked for the Navy before working at his current company.
- In the Education section, Paul states that he is working toward his Associate’s degree. Everything on his resume tells the reader that Paul is a hard worker who will put that hard work to good use in order to excel at his next job.
Let Paul’s resume inspire you!
Resume Sample for an Inventory Controller or Inventory Control Supervisor
Need a Resume Builder?
A resume builder can help you create your resume from start to finish. Our Ready-Made Resume Builder offers resume templates in all three formats (chronological, functional, and combination) and helps you chose which one is best for your job search. Inside each template are tips for solving resume-related problems. Check it out!