Here’s a chronological resume that offers some unique and useful tips. In this resume sample for a Restaurant Management Trainee or Cook / Food Prep worker, the job seeker tells us both his short-term job goal and his long-term career goal. Let’s see what else is different about this resume.
About This Resume Sample
By stating his long-term goal to own and manage a restaurant and bar as part of his Objective statement, James (not his real name) shows us that he is a man with a plan! How does he support this goal?
- Using the chronological resume format gives the reader a quick view of how James has progressed through his jobs.
- James clearly describes his duties within each role, using active verbs to start each statement.
- His achievement statements tell us what James has learned so far about the restaurant business.
- One of his bullet points has a few “sub-points” under it; these go into more detail about the duties that James had as a Deli Man at Shop Rite, so that the reader can picture James clearly doing the job well. This provides a look not only into James’ past, but also into his possible next job.
- His growth is most clearly shown in his jobs at Roy Rogers Restaurant, where he progressed from dishwasher to night manager. James shows that he is able to move up in his chosen field.
- In the Education section, James lets us know that he is a high school graduate, and that he has continued to further his knowledge of the restaurant business through a Franchise Management Training Seminar. James is driven toward his goal!
Now let’s take a closer look at James’ sample resume.
Resume Sample for Restaurant Management Trainee or Cook / Food Prep
Need Resume Help?
If you’d like to learn more about the resume writing tips on this website, please read The Damn Good Resume Guide. It’s a down-to-earth book by resume experts Yana Parker and Beth Brown. As you follow the steps for building your resume, you’ll feel that you have the authors at your elbow, helping you make good choices about your resume format and how to solve tricky work history problems.