This resume sample is for a pipe fitter or welder position. The job seeker has chosen a slightly different style of the achievement format to show his relevant experience and to add two extra statements about his work and leadership while in the US Navy. Let’s see what makes this resume strong!
About this Resume Sample
After completing his education and starting his career in Portland, OR, Richard (not his real name) moved to Seattle, WA. He has worked as a pipe fitter, welder, and leadman ever since. He uses the Achievement resume format to discuss his job-related skills, tools, and techniques in a clear and easy to read way. What else makes Richard’s resume stand out?
- By stating both pipe fitter and welder in his Objective, Richard creates a broader reach, so that a hiring person might want to hire him to do either or both types of jobs.
- Richard is also proud of the work he did many years ago for the US Navy. He includes a separate section called Additional Accomplishments to clearly describe his work in leading crews to complete complex, crucial work for the Navy. Because he would now like a job with the US government, or with a company that works with US agencies, including these statements further strengthens Richard’s resume and chances of getting the job he wants.
- Throughout his resume, Richard uses the language or ‘lingo’ that others in his trade will know and understand. This way, he tells us that he has the knowledge and the skills needed to keep doing this vital work.
- By using a three-word Objective, Richard quickly tells us what he wants and therefore gives us more time to read the rest of the resume!
- In the Work History section, Richard uses the word “concurrent” to tell us that he has been working as a pipe fitter and welder at two companies at the same time. Whether this is because he is only working part-time at each place, or because he has taken on extra shifts to earn more money, Richard tells us that he is a hard worker who is willing to go the extra mile to earn his living!
- He also uses the term “Leadman” to show that he has held leadership roles at more than one job.
Take a look at Richard’s resume and see what else you can find that shows that he is a strong candidate for the type of job he wants!
Richard’s Resume for a Pipe Fitter / Welder position
More Resume Help
Ready-Made Resume Builder is one of the top ranked resume tools around. Based on the Damn Good Resume Writing method, this resume builder offers 150 resume templates for chronological, functional, and combination resume formats. These templates are for easy download and have helpful advice written right into the resume templates, so you can figure out how to solve those tricky resume problems. Things like short-term jobs, unemployment, career change, seeking a promotion, and many more.