Here is a great resume sample for an Assistant Warehouse Manager job. It uses the functional resume format in a creative way to help the job seeker move toward a higher level role within the same company.
What does this resume sample do that is different? Let’s take a look.
About This Resume Sample
Brian (not his real name) has been working at Hillside Press for over seven years. He wants to move “up the ladder” into a position with more responsibility, and wants to show the reader that he is ready! How does he do this?
- His Objective statement is very clear and to the point: Brian wants to continue to work at Hillside Press, but in a new role. He is willing to assist the current Warehouse Manager, and/or work in a role that builds a bridge between the warehouse workers and the office staff.
- In the Summary section, Brian lists the number of years he has worked at Hillside Press, and states his record of loyalty and dependability.
- Instead of having an Experience section, Brian’s heading is called Proposals for Improvement! This is a bold way to show the employer his vision and initiative.
- He has chosen two skill headings that help to announce his breakthrough notions. They quickly tell the reader that he has some fresh ways to streamline operations and improve rapport between different business functions.
- His use of sub-points gives the reader even more detail about the purpose of each tactic.
- Because this resume is for a role within the same company, Brian has moved his Employment History to the end of the resume. His bosses at Hillside Press already know that he works there!
Take a good look at Brian’s sample resume, and see what else you can find!
Resume Sample for Assistant Warehouse Manager
Ready-Made Resume Builder
Based on all the “damn good” resume writing principles you’ve been reading on this site, our Ready-Made Resume Builder is a great tool for creating a professional resume. It has lots of Word templates for chronological, combination, and functional resume formats. If you don’t know which format is best for you, no worries. The resume builder helps you figure that out.
You’ll also find lots of resume examples and cover letter templates. Sign Up Now!