This resume sample for an apprentice plumber position uses the Achievement style format to help the job seeker make a career change. Let’s see how he does it!
About this Resume Sample
After six years as a truck driver, Jerry (not his real name) wanted to get off the road. His most recent job has been working as a plumber’s helper, and he likes the work. He now would like to become an apprentice plumber in order to fully learn the trade. This resume highlights his skills and the experience that he has that will be noticed by a hiring person. How does he make his resume stand out?
- In the Qualification Highlights section, Jerry has only three statements, but each one is fitting for someone in his shoes. He starts by stating that he has three years of experience as a plumbing helper, and follows the first point with two others that give an overview of what else he will bring to the job.
- He uses the heading Summary of Experience to provide six bullet points to describe the types of plumbing work he has done or helped with. This tells the reader that Jerry already has some knowledge and skill in the plumbing field, and is ready to learn more!
- He also includes a whole section called Equipment Operated, which goes into detail naming all of the types of equipment he has used during his work history. He lists these items in the order of greatest importance to his target job.
- Since Jerry’s work history is brief – only two employers – he feels it is better to list his skills and knowledge higher up on the resume, and to downplay the places he has worked by putting them near the bottom of the resume in their own section.
- Jerry also wants to let the reader know that he has more than a high school diploma, and lists the college where he continued his schooling. He is clearly a smart person who wants to keep learning!
See what else Jerry’s resume has that makes it different from the rest!
Resume Sample for a position as an Apprentice Plumber
More Resume Help
Ready-Made Resume Builder is one of the top ranked resume tools around. Based on the Damn Good Resume Writing method, this resume builder offers 150 resume templates for chronological, functional, and combination resume formats. These templates are for easy download and have helpful advice written right into the resume templates, so you can figure out how to solve those tricky resume problems. Things like short-term jobs, unemployment, career change, seeking a promotion, and many more.