Effective Date: July 2, 2018
- When you register an account, use our services, use our Interactive Forum, or make a purchase, you voluntarily share certain Personal Information with us (e.g., your name, e-mail address, address, mobile number, and/or credit card information).
- You can provide us with additional Personal Information (e.g., regarding your employment history, skills and work interests) when you view and interact with our features, and functionality, including posting your resume, career profile, cover letters or other information on the Site.
- We use tracking technologies such as cookies and other similar technologies to measure usage and provide information that will be of most interest to you. More info
- We can collect additional information from you if you access our Sites through a mobile device (e.g. unique device identifier, device’s operating system, mobile carrier).
- You can also provide us with information when interacting with our content through or linking to third-party social media sites, plug-ins, or applications.
- To operate our Site and contact you and third parties at your request.
- By using this Site you agree that we can share your Personal Information and other information we collect with the following entities: (1) Bold and the rest of our Corporate Family; (2) our service providers; (3) other entities, such as potential employers or job posting third party websites, with your consent;
(4) legal and law enforcement; (5) others if there is a change of control; (6) ad networks; (7) companies in the mobile app industry; and (8) social networks.
- You can control how and when you want to receive notifications from Bold on the Site or by following instructions within the notices you receive. Click here for your other information choices
- You can change your information at any time by editing your profile, updating or deleting content that you have posted, or by closing your account. You can also ask us for additional information we have about your account at [email protected].
- We will retain certain information if required by law.
European Union General Data Protection Regulation [Link]
Provider complies with the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). As such, Provider affords to all European data subjects their respective data privacy rights to the extent they are applicable.
Effective Date: May 25, 2018
- Scope and Consent
- Information We Collect
- a) Registration, Product and Account Information: You can browse the Site without telling us who you are or revealing any Personal Information (e.g., name, email address, phone number, mobile telephone number, credit card information or physical contact information) about yourself. If you register for an account with us, post a resume, create an email account using our platform, or use some of our products and services (e.g., Site e-mail account(s), Resume Builder, Resume-Check, Resume Guide, Cover Letter Builder, Cover Letter Tips, My Perfect Resume, Resume Review, Resume Writing, Resume Services, Search Jobs) you choose to give us your Personal Information and are not anonymous to us. When you register an account or use certain of our products and services, create a profile, create a resume, search for or purchase products, create an email account on our Site, or otherwise engage with our Site, you can provide certain Personal Information (e.g., username and e-mail address). You can also provide payment information (e.g., credit or debit card information, name and billing address) to purchase products and services. Personal Information is only associated with your account/profile when you sign in as a registered user.
b)Information to respond to your requests: You can give us your Personal Information so we can respond to your questions and requests as well as send you newsletters and other communications you request. Details of how you can opt-out of receiving any communications from us are detailed in the section headed Accessing, Reviewing, and Changing Your Personal Information
- c) Social Media Information:We can offer sign-on services that allow you to use third-party login credentials to access the Site. We also can offer services that allow you to share information with third-party social media websites such as Facebook, Google Plus, Twitter, and others.
When you link your account or engage with our Site through third-party social media sites, you understand that you are allowing us to have ongoing access to certain information stored on those social media sites (e.g. your social networking credentials, your public profile, friend list, people you follow or who follow you, pictures, your e-mail address, birthday, work history, education history, interests, current city, religious and political views, website, personal description, and likes, and your friends’ birthdays, education histories, personal descriptions and likes).
We can also receive other information (e.g., content viewed and information about the advertisements within the content you have been shown or have clicked on, etc.) from your interaction with our Site. You agree that we can share your video viewing with or obtain information about your video viewing from analytics providers and advertising partners and third-party partners and social media sites for two years or until you withdraw your consent.
- d) Information From Other Sources:The information we collect can be combined with information from outside public records (e.g., demographic information, navigation information, additional contact information) that we have acquired in accordance with the law.
- e) Mobile Information:With your consent we can collect additional information from you if you access our Site through a mobile device (e.g. your unique device identifier, device’s operating system, mobile carrier, location or GPS/geo-location, mobile number, your text messages, e-mails or e-mail address, user name, contacts/address book, financial or payment information, web browsing history, photos, your phone’s name, passwords, political interests, sexual orientation, racial or ethnic origin, religious and philosophical beliefs, trade union membership.
- f) Technical Usage Information:When you visit our Site, we collect usage information sent to us by your computer, mobile, or other access device that tells us how you are using the Site including video-viewing, site views, key stroke data, mouse movement, scrolling, clicks, and typing (“usage information”). We use tracking technologies (including cookies, flash cookies, unique device identifiers, web beacons/GIFs, embedded scripts, e-tags/cache browsers, cross-device tracking) to collect usage information. We can use tracking technologies for a variety of purposes, including:
Operationally-Necessary. We can use tracking technologies required for system administration, to prevent fraudulent activity, improve security or allow you to make use of shopping cart functionality. We are not required to obtain your consent to tracking technologies that are operationally necessary.
Functionality-Related. We can use tracking technologies to tell us, for example, whether you have visited the Site before or if you are a new visitor and to help us identify the features in which you have the greatest interest.
Targeting-Related. We can use tracking technologies to deliver content, including ads, relevant to your interests on our online service and third-party sites based on how you interact with our advertisements or content as well as track the content you access (including video viewing). Further information on this, and your opt-out choices, is below.
We can also collect password information from you when you log in, as well as computer and/or connection information. During some visits we can use software tools to measure and collect session information, including page response times, download errors, time spent on certain pages and page interaction information.
- g) Apply Tool Privacy Notice and Information We Collect.We can automatically collect certain information (including Personal Information) from your device or web browser. We can automatically collect information from location storage associated with your web browser, including your browsing behavior for career searching activity. We can also automatically record your interactions with certain webpages by accessing local storage associated with your web browser. The Apply Tool was made to automatically interact with third party websites, so we can also collect some non-personal data about you when you visit those websites including, clickstream data, operating system being used, the URL of the site you have come from and move to after your visit, data relating to your activities on third party websites (including IP addresses and URLs) via tracking technologies (such as cookies and measurement software), the date and time of your visit and your server’s IP address, the geo-location of your device, and the type of payment you use. We collect this information for statistical purposes to find out how our website and the Apply Tool are being used. We can use this information to evaluate and, hopefully, improve your experience. As an example, when you visit a webpage that supports the autofill function, we can record metadata generated by your web browser that identifies one or more autofill fields that you interact with. In this example, we can also access local storage associated with your web browser to determine information (including Personal Information) which can be or has been entered into an autofill field. We use your information to facilitate your completion of job applications across the internet, on our websites and third-party websites and to provide advertising and/or other content that we believe can be of interest to you based upon your browsing behavior on the internet.
- Uses, Retention and Storage
We process your Personal Information for the following purposes and legal bases:
- a) Operate Our Site and Provide You With Our Services:We use the Personal Information we collect including e-mail account you can create on our platform using Provider mail to (i) respond to your questions and requests; (ii) provide customer service (e.g., to fulfill product and service orders made by you, give you information about your account to resolve disputes, problems with your account/profile or the Site, administer a contest, sweepstakes or promotion, or to provide information to third parties at your request such as potential employers, job matching services or third party websites, or other career related services); (iii) personalize your experience by providing content on the Site, including targeted advertising or job-related advertising, that we believe can be of most interest to you; (iv) improve the Site; (and (v) provide you with a safe, efficient, and customized experience.
- b) Analyze and Aggregate Non-Personal Information:We use aggregate information about our users and non-Personal Information to analyze Site and user behavior and prepare aggregated reports.
- d) Communicate With You and Third Parties at Your Request:We use your information to contact you to maintain the Site, your account, or to comply with your stated communication preferences, or to provide other products or services requested by you, as described at the time when we collect the information from you, or to contact you for other purposes authorized by law. If you have chosen to participate in some of our career building Services, the information you share with us can be provided to third parties such as (i) resume editors, (ii) employers or recruiters who can contact you about career opportunities, (iii) employers seeking candidates and/or (iii) other career service providers.
We retain Personal Information for as long as it is necessary to fulfill the purpose(s) for which it was collected, our business purposes and/or to comply with the applicable laws, and your consent to such purpose(s) remains valid after termination of our relationship with you. You consent to our retention of your video viewing tracking data for as long as permissible under applicable law – up to one year after you close your account or otherwise withdraw consent for video tracking.
Information we collect can be shared with:
- a) The Provider Corporate Family and Other Third Parties:We can share the information we collect about you with the Provider corporate family (our affiliates as well as with third party suppliers. The information can be disclosed (i) to provide joint content and our products and services (e.g., registration, transactions, employment or education opportunities, analytics and customer support); (ii) to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts, violations of our policies, fraud and/or data security breaches; and (iii) to guide decisions about our Provider or third party’s products, sites, applications, services, tools, and communications. Members of our corporate family will use this information to send you marketing communications and you will have the opportunity to opt-out of e-mail communications.
- b) Service Providers and Other Third Parties:We can disclose your information to service providers under contract who help with our business operations (such as, but not limited to, fraud investigations, bill collection, payment processing, and site analytics and operations). Also, we share information with our third-party payment processors. With your authorization, we can also share your information with potential employers, career/job-posting websites.
- c) Other Entities with your Consent:We can share your Personal Information with third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information (such as resume editors, employers, recruiters or job posting third party websites or others about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service). These third party’s services are governed by their own terms of service and privacy policies as set forth by the third parties that provide them. We do not necessarily endorse nor are we responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for those services. On the Site, you have opportunities to express interest in or register for other products and services. If you do, we will provide information about you to those third parties, or parties working on their behalf, to implement your request.
- d) Legal and Law Enforcement:Law enforcement, governmental agencies, or authorized third parties, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity or any other activity that can expose us, you, or any other Provider user to legal liability. In such events, we will only disclose information relevant and necessary to the investigation or inquiry, such as name, city, state, ZIP code, telephone number, e-mail address, user ID history, IP address, fraud complaints, and anything else we deem relevant to the investigation.
- g) Companies In The Mobile App Industry:If you access the Site through a mobile device or app, we can also share your information with Carriers, operating systems and platforms.
- Your Choices
- a) Opting Out of Promotional Messages:You can choose not to receive our promotional communications by clicking the “My Account” tab and clicking the “My Settings” and “Preferences” tabs. You can also click the unsubscribe link in the footer of any e-mail or newsletter you receive. You can also e-mail us at pri[email protected].
- b) Update/Delete or Change Your Resume or Cover Letter:To change or delete your resumes or cover letters, login to your Provider account and click “Resume” and “Cover Letter” tabs and select edit or delete.
- c) Site Privacy Settings:Information that you disclose while participating on the Site can be public and subject to redistribution by us and any third-party that reviews your profile or information that you post. You can change preferences for other Provider services as set forth in section 8 or by contacting us as set forth in Section 15. Please be aware that Provider is not responsible for the uses, disclosures or copies of your public postings on or through the Site that you make public and that are downloaded by third parties.
- d) Administrative Messages Cannot Be Turned Off:As Provider provides an on-line service you cannot opt-out of administrative e-mails (for example e-mails about your transactions or policy changes) for your registered account.
- e) Deletion of Your User Content/Account:You can request that we delete your account by logging into your account and clicking the “My Settings” and “Overview” tab. You can also e-mail us at [email protected]. When you request that your account be deleted your Personal Information, including your resume and profiles will be deleted and no longer available to you or visible to users from Provider Applications but if any of your information, including your Personal Information, was previously accessed by others using Provider Applications, we are unable to delete the information from their systems. When you delete your information on Provider Applications we will retain logs and non-personally identifiable information about you along with an archival copy of your information, which is not accessible by you or third parties on Provider Applications but which might be used by us for recordkeeping and internal purposes, including enforcing this Policy and demographic, reporting and research purposes.
- f) Timing and Third Parties:We will endeavor to comply with your requests as soon as reasonably possible but please note that changes requested of us are not always effective immediately. Unless required by law, we are not responsible for informing third parties (including without limitation our third party service providers, potential employers, job-posting sites you authorize us to contact on your behalf, or strategic or marketing partners) with whom we have already shared your information of any changes requested pursuant to this section, or for removing information from or causing information to be removed from the databases or records of such entities.
- Information You Share on the Site.
- a) Other services:If you use the Site, Provider can create a universal application derived from the information you provide on the Site that will be visible to potential employers who have immediate needs for prospects as well as visitors to the Site. Therefore, your Site Profile can be publically viewable. You can elect to have your Profile restricted to registered users only by following the instructions on the Site for that particular setting. You agree that employers and Provider will use the contact information you have provided to contact you by e-mail and/or SMS text and you understand that this consent is not a condition to having access to the Site or Provider services.
If you opt-in to our SMS alert service, you acknowledge that message or data charges may apply. If you wish to not continue with the SMS alert service, you may opt-out by replying “STOP” to the SMS text you received or contact our customer service. Please allow 3 to 5 business days to process your request. Provider reserves the right to terminate at its sole discretion the SMS alert service for any reason at any time.
- Tracking Technologies (Cookies)
When you visit the Site, we and our business partners can use tracking technologies to enhance your online experience or customize our offerings. A few additional important things you should know about our use of tracking technologies (cookies):
- We can offer certain features that are available only through the use of tracking technologies.
- We use both session and persistent tracking technologies. Tracking technologies (e.g., cookies) can either be persistent (i.e., they remain on your computer until you delete them) or temporary (i.e., they last only until you close your browser). You are always free to decline tracking technologies if your browser permits, although doing so can interfere with your use of the Site. Refer to the help section of your browser, browser extensions, or installed applications for instructions on blocking, deleting, or disabling tracking technologies such as cookies.
- We encode and protect the tracking technologies that Provider sets, so that only we can interpret the information stored in them. You can encounter tracking technologies/cookies from our third party service providers, that we have allowed on our Site that assist us with various aspects of our Site operations and services, such as Google Analytics.
- You can also encounter tracking technologies from third parties on certain pages of the websites that we do not control and have not authorized. (For example, if you view a web page created by another user, there can be a cookie placed by that web page).
- We can target and track the videos you view on the Site. You consent to our tracking of your video viewing through the Site or third party social media for up to two years or as permitted by applicable law.
- Accessing, Reviewing, and Changing Your Personal Information
We will endeavor to comply with your requests as soon as reasonably possible but please note that changes requested of us are not always effective immediately. Unless required by law, we are not responsible for informing third parties (including without limitation our third party service providers, potential employers, job-posting sites you authorize us to contact on your behalf, or strategic or marketing partners) with whom we have already shared your information of any changes requested pursuant to this section, or for removing information from or causing information to be removed from the databases or records of such entities.
- Notice to California Residents
- a) California Civil Code Section 1798.83, known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our customers who are California residents to request and obtain from us a list of what Personal Information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year and the names and addresses of those third parties. Requests can be made only once a year and are free of charge. To make such a request, please contact us at [email protected]. For all requests, you must put the statement “Your California Privacy Rights” in the body of your request, as well as your name, street address, city, state, and zip code. In the body of your request, please provide enough information for us to determine if this applies to you. You need to attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for our response. Please note that we will not accept requests via the telephone, mail, or by facsimile, and we are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or that do not have complete information.
- b) California Business & Professions Code Section 22575 (b) provides that California residents are entitled to know how Provider responds to “Do Not Track” browser settings. Provider does not currently take actions to respond to Do Not Track signals because a uniform technological standard has not yet been adopted. We continue to review new technologies and may adopt a standard once one is universally accepted.
- Notice to Residents of the European Union
Provider complies with the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). As such, Provider affords to all European data subjects their respective data privacy rights to the extent they are applicable including: (i) right to rectify inaccurate data; (ii) right to erasure (deletion of your Personal Information); (iii) right to restrict processing of your Personal Information; (iv) right of data portability; and (v) right to object. You can exercise any of these rights by contacting us at [email protected] or <<make this a link to Contact Section>>. In order to safeguard your Personal Information from unauthorized access, we can ask that you provide sufficient information to identify yourself prior to providing access to your Personal Information.
In certain situations, and subject to applicable law, Provider will not be able or obliged to comply with part or all of your individual requests. Please note that we have the right to refuse and/or charge a monetary fee for requests which are manifestly unfounded or excessive, for example due to their repetitive character. If you have unresolved concerns, you have the right to complain to an EU Supervisory Authority.
Providing your information to us is optional, but it can impact our ability to offer the Service to you. For example, if you do not provide your complete Personal Information, we will not always be able to respond to your request in a timely manner.
- Third Parties
Our Site can contain links to other third party websites and Provider can provide products and services that share information with third party sites for your job search. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these third party sites so it is important to familiarize yourself with their privacy policies before providing your Personal Information.
- Information Security
We maintain technical, physical, and administrative security measures designed to protect the security of your Personal Information against loss, misuse, unauthorized or accidental access, disclosure, copying, use or alteration. Some of the safeguards we use are firewalls, data encryption, physical access controls to our data centers, information access authorization controls and other measures in accordance with industry standards. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is totally secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
- Children’s Privacy
The Site is a general audience site and it is not intended for children under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information via our websites, applications, services, or tools from users in this age group.
If you are a minor and want to remove the information you posted to the Site, please contact us via the email or mailing address listed in Section 15 below. Removal of the information you posted does not ensure its complete or comprehensive removal.
- Storage and International Transfer
- Notification Regarding Updates.
- Contact Us
If your questions are not answered online, you can e-mail us at [email protected], or write to us at Auxiliant sarl, 1A, rue Thomas Edison, L-445 Strassen, Luxembourg or BOLD LLC, City View Plaza II, 48 Road 165, Suite 6000, Guaynabo, PR 00968, or using the contact us form on the Site.