Here is a resume sample for a position in Shipping and Receiving. It uses the functional resume format in a way that is clear, easy to read, and to the point. This will make it easy for an employer to see the job seeker’s skills and achievements, and to call her in for an interview!
Let’s see how this resume sample opens the door to a possible new job.
About this Resume Sample
The first thing to notice about this resume is that it is easy to read. Deirdre (not her real name) uses Arial as the font, which is a current font that is very clear. A resume that is clear and easy to read will have a better chance of being read than one that is tightly packed, too small, or uses a fancy font that is hard to read. What else does Deirdre do to keep her resume at the top of the pile?
- Deirdre uses 12 pt. type, and puts plenty of white space in between her headings and between the bullet points in each section of her resume. The balance of dark text and white space makes her resume much more pleasing to the reader’s eyes.
- She also uses a very simple and clear Objective: Position in Shipping and Receiving. Later in the resume, Deirdre lists her skills in leading others, but her Objective shows that she is open to any type of job in shipping and receiving, which may improve her chances of being hired into a role that could provide her with future career growth.
- She has just three statements in her Summary section, and each one is focused on what it takes to be good at the type of job she wants. Deirdre is showing that she is a person of a few choice words, and a lot of action!
- Deirdre has chosen to use the functional format, with just two skill headings. This way, she can show her talents in both warehouse/shipping/receiving, and as a group leader and manager. Deirdre is ready to move into either a team role or a leader role, and wants the reader to know it, loud and clear!
- She completes her resume with a very short listing of her work history. Deirdre shows she is a solid, long-term worker.
Have a good look at Deirdre’s sample resume.
Resume Sample for Shipping and Receiving
Looking for a Professional Resume Writer?
It’s not easy writing your own resume. That’s why we have a team of professional resume writers — The Damn Good Resume Team — to work with folks one-on-one. We understand most people don’t really like writing resumes, but we LOVE writing them. So we’re happy to help! Contact a professional resume writer by email, and she’ll explain our services and rates.