This chronological resume sample for a position as a rail car foreman gives a very clear picture of the job seeker’s knowledge, skills and achievements that are needed to do this job well. How does he do this? Let’s take a look!
About this Resume Sample
By using the chronological format, Allan (not his real name) quickly shows us that his most recent job is the same role as the one he is seeking. What else does Allan do to show off his talents?
- At the top of the resume, he lists his top Skills & Accomplishments in their own section. This gives the reader an overview of what Allan will bring to the role, and in the last bullet point, he uses dollar amounts to show what great results he has achieved at his most recent job.
- In his Experience section, Allan lists his job title first, and uses boldface type to highlight it further. This tells us that the job he did is more relevant to Allan’s next job goal than where he worked.
- In each statement, Allan describes his responsibilities and his achievements to show how he excels in this type of work.
- He also includes numbers where it is possible. This includes the number of people he has supervised, the number and type of freight cylinders he has rebuilt, and the numbers of rail cars he has worked on. These numbers all help the reader to understand the scope and breadth of Allan’s experience.
- By using a table of the types of tools and equipment that he has used, Allan provides a quick and easy way for us to grasp his skills and experience. The table also includes ‘online tools’ – this shows that Allan is staying current with new tools and technologies.
- In the Maintenance Technician section, he lists his job duties, as well as his skill in getting great results for his employer!
- He also lists the community college that he attended. Even though he did not complete the degree, he wants to show the reader that he has more than a high school education.
- Throughout his resume, Allan shows that he is a hard worker who always strives to achieve his best!
Take a look at Allan’s resume, and see what else you can find!
Allan’s Resume for a Rail Car Foreman Job
More Resume Help
To get more good advice on how to write a chronological resume (or one of the other two types of resumes: functional and combination), read The Damn Good Resume Guide (Ten-Speed Press) by Yana Parker and Beth Brown. This book holds everything you need to know to write a great resume.