This functional resume sample is for a position as a Production Supervisor or Manager. The job seeker clearly shows that she has the skills and experience to do the job well. Let’s take a closer look to see how it’s done!
About this Resume Sample
Because she is interested in moving out of the type of business she has worked in for many years, Diane (not her real name) has used the functional format for her resume. Using this format helps her to call out the skill sets she feels are most important for this type of position. Let’s see what else sets Diane’s resume apart from the rest.
- Diane’s Objective is very brief, and she has wisely listed Production Supervisor/Manager in her Objective, in case the employer uses either title for the job she wants.
- Although she has five statements in her Highlights of Qualifications section, each one is very short and tells the reader that Diane knows what is most crucial to this type of job.
- Diane has three skill areas on her resume. These are the skills that are most needed for a position she seeks, as well as the skills that she enjoys using to get the job done!
- Within each skill area, Diane lists four concise, easy to understand statements that show her knowledge and skill in doing this type of work.
- She uses a range of active verbs to start each statement, keeping her resume lively and strong.
- Although Diane could have shown her long-term employment near the top, she wants to work in a similar job but in a different industry. She has listed her work history at the bottom of the resume, with the years she worked at each role.
See what else you can find in Diane’s resume!
Resume Sample for a Production Supervisor/Manager
More Damn Good Resume Writing Advice
The Damn Good Resume Guide has stood the test of time. First written by Yana Parker in 1983, it has been updated many times to keep up with the resume needs of an ever-changing job market. The latest version has been updated by Beth Brown (a senior member of The Damn Good Resume Team). It contains the latest info, including what resume formats employers prefer and how to solve tough job history problems. It also has lots of resume samples not found on this website.