Here is a resume sample for a Production Assistant with a clothing manufacturer, wholesaler or design house, that solves the problem of an unusual work history. The functional format is a great way to handle work history gaps and other sticky issues. Let’s take a closer look at this solid resume!
About this Resume Sample
Rebecca (not her real name) has a number of issues to deal with:
- She has spent more time working on a part-time or freelance basis than she has working at a shop or boutique.
- She spent a couple of years traveling and living abroad. During this time, she did freelance work as often as she could get it.
- She moved from Spokane to Seattle and does not have much work experience in her new hometown.
Let’s see how she solved these issues.
- By using the functional resume format, Rebecca can focus the reader’s attention on the skills, experience and success she has had no matter where she was working.
- Rebecca’s Objective statement shows her target job title, as well as what kind of setting she would like to work in.
- In her Highlights of Qualifications, she not only describes the skills that relate to garment production, but also gives her language and communication skills. This tells the reader that she can work well with her team members and is also a leader in building bridges between people of diverse backgrounds.
- Rebecca lists some of her achievements and experience in a helpful way: First, she starts a sentence with an action verb. Then, she provides greater detail in the sub-points that follow. These paint a picture of Rebecca in action!
- She lists her work history at the bottom of the resume. In it, she lists the places she has worked, and also accounts for her time by including freelance work, travel, and the work she did on a part-time basis during her years in Spokane.
- Rebecca does not include any training or education on her resume. She is a self-taught seamstress, and has had great success without needing any other training.
What else do you see in Rebecca’s resume?
Resume Sample for Production Assistant
Looking for a Damn Good Resume Writer?
It’s not easy writing your own resume. That’s why we have a team of professional resume writers — The Damn Good Resume Team — to work with folks one on one. We understand most people don’t really like writing resumes, but we LOVE writing them. So we’re happy to help! Contact one of our professional resume writers by email, and she’ll explain our service and rates.