This job seeker chose the functional format to highlight his skills in this resume sample for a Management Trainee / Banquet Service / Waiter / Front Desk. Let’s see how that choice helps his job search.
About This Resume Sample
Jim (not his real name) creates a strong resume for more than one type of job. How does he do it?
- He states his Objective in two lines: On the first line, he gives us a brief but broad statement; then below it on the second line, he goes into more detail about what type of job he wants to do within a hotel or restaurant.
- Each section that follows has one or more statements that support Jim’s job goal.
- In the Summary section, Jim speaks to the skills that he has that help him to manage a staff well and to provide great service to guests.
- In the Relevant Experience section, he uses the functional format to highlight these skills and to go into greater detail about his duties and achievements.
- Under the Customer Service skill set, Jim breaks down the process of working with tough customers, so that the reader can see what makes him good at it.
- He has also chosen the functional format because he does not have much direct job experience in the hotel or restaurant world. By bringing his skills forward, he tells the reader that he can handle what is needed and is ready to move into a new role.
Let’s see what else we can find in Jim’s sample resume.
Resume Sample for Hotel or Restaurant Management Trainee / Banquet Service / Waiter / Front Desk
Need Resume Help?
Want a fresh start on your resume but don’t want to face a blank page? We understand. That’s why we created Ready-Made Resume Builder. This resume builder has chronological, functional, and combination resume formats, along with tools to help you decide which one is best for your job search. We even have 80+ resume phrases that you can copy and paste into your resume template or just use for inspiration to write you own unique statements. We hope you’ll take advantage of this resume tool that’s already helped thousands of job seekers! Sign up today!