This resume sample for a Housekeeping Supervisor uses the functional format so that the job seeker can focus our eyes on the skills he has used in similar jobs from his past, instead of being concerned that he has been out of work for a while. Let’s take a closer look at this resume.
About This Resume Sample
Paul (not his real name) has a lot of work experience in his target job, but he has been out of the workforce for a couple of years, and most of his relevant work history is more than seven years in the past. How has Paul resolved that problem and strengthened his resume?
- By choosing the functional resume format, Paul is able to create special skill headings that guide the reader through his hotel duties. By doing this, Paul is telling us that, just like learning to ride a bike, he can jump back into this world and do a great job.
- He starts his statements with action verbs to show his initiative and supervision skills, and he mentions his most recent housekeeping job at the Hi-Star Hotel by name. By doing this he tells us that he is now quite ready and able to return to a job as a Housekeeping Supervisor.
- Paul shows us that he would like to be sure that he receives and responds to any job-related messages by stating whom to leave a message with, as part of his contact details at the top of his resume.
- He creates a section heading called Education and Specialized Training to let the reader know that he has both work experience and training in his target field, a great method for getting the type of job he wants!
- Even though he has not held a paid job for some time, Paul has not been idle. He accounts for the employment gap by volunteering at a local shelter. This portrays Paul as the active, hard-working and caring person that he is. He deserves a chance to return to his former field of work!
Now let’s have a look at Paul’s sample resume.
Resume Sample for a Housekeeping Supervisor
Need Resume Help?
If you want to write your own resume but you’re having trouble getting started (especially if you’re stuck on how to solve a problem), think about signing up for our Ready-Made Resume Builder. It offers lots of professional resume templates with built-in solutions for all sorts of work history problems. No need to fuss with indents, bullet points, and special formatting. It’s all done for you in these Word templates. You’ll find all of the big three resume formats: chronological, functional, and combination. Sign up today!