Here’s an interesting resume sample for a Front Office Manager at a luxury resort. It uses the chronological resume format in a slightly different way to highlight the job seeker’s experience in the luxury hotel world.
Let’s see what makes this resume stand out.
About This Resume Sample
At the top of this resume sample, Al (not his real name) tells us that his goal is not just Front Office Manager, but Front Office Manager for a luxury resort. How does he use his resume to support this job target?
- The Objective statement is brief, clear and focused, which tells the reader (that is, the next employer) exactly what Al is looking for. This also helps Al to keep his focus as he writes the rest of the resume.
- He uses key words and phrases such as “front office,” “luxury resort,” and “luxury hotel” many times in his resume. This helps to highlight how much experience he has in these areas.
- Under each job, Al writes a brief statement or two to give an overview of his duties and the size of the hotel or resort, before he lists his achievements.
- Using numbers to tell the reader how many rooms are in each hotel and how many people he has supervised also shows that he is able to manage a large hotel and its staff.
- To show the range of his experience, he lists not only the front office, but also other areas he has managed, such as the gift shop, dining room and lounge.
- Al points out his skill in building, training and leading teams both in the Highlights section and also in more than one job in the Relevant Experience section of his resume.
Resume Sample for Front Office Manager
Need More Help With Your Resume?
Ever wondered what your resume would look like if a professional resume writer wrote it? You can find out by hiring a real pro on the Damn Good Resume Team. One of our writers will ask you good questions about your career goals and work history. Then she’ll write and format your resume for you. Contact us today!