In this resume sample for Food Server / Dining Room Staff / Porter, the job seeker used the functional format and added a new section to his resume in order to highlight his skills and talents that prepare him for his career change. What makes this resume stand out as a success?
About This Resume Sample
Although his current job is in the hospitality field, John (not his real name) recently made a career change from a very different world. He chose to use the functional format to create a stronger resume to help him move forward in his new career path. How does this resume portray John’s strengths?
- In the Objective, John lists many of the types of jobs he would need to do at a hotel or restaurant.
- The Highlights section has three statements that quickly tell us key points about his experience and skills that relate to the type of job he wants.
- John has added a section called Attitude & Appearance. This section shows his key traits that further relate to a position in a hotel or restaurant.
- He also mentions his language skills, and his talent for working with people from diverse cultures. This is crucial for a role in a hotel or restaurant with a global clientele.
- John uses the functional format to group his achievements under the skill headings most useful to the kind of work he wants to pursue. This format also downplays his many years of work in a very different field.
Take a good look at John’s sample resume.
Resume Sample for Hotel or Restaurant Food Server / Dining Room Staff / Porter
Need Resume Help?
Want someone to write your resume for you? Check out our Damn Good Resume Team. Our professional resume writers know how to solve tricky work history problems, using resume formats today’s employers like. They’re good listeners and damn good writers!