Although this resume sample for Food Prep, Baking or Counter person uses the standard chronological format, it stands out from the crowd because of a few unique factors. Let’s see what this job seeker has done to create a winning resume.
About This Resume Sample
Candice (not her real name) has chosen some key tools to help her resume stand out. Here are a few of them:
- Candice opens her one-page resume with a quote. This is clever, because even though the quote is by a famous French playwright, it states that he prefers soup to words! This brings a smile to any reader, and helps paint a picture of Candice as someone with a sense of style and humor, as well as being an expert in the field of cooking.
- The Objective statement gives the reader a lot of “food for thought” because it states a number of types of jobs that Candice would accept, and also tells us right away that she wants part-time work.
- At each of her jobs, Candice lists the range of duties she had to perform. She shows that she can do the many tasks involved in catering, as well as working in a deli, at a health food store, retreat center, or bakery.
- She also lets us know that she is just as skilled working at a Renaissance Faire, or for a global circus! This tells the reader that, wherever she goes, Candice can handle the job.
- By listing the types of meals and ingredients she has worked with, Candice gives the reader a solid sense of the diverse foods and food styles she is able to prepare…and it also makes us hungry!
Now take a look (if you dare!) at Candice’s sample resume.
Resume Sample for Food Prep, Baking or Counter Person
More Resume Help
Get your resume done quickly and effectively by using our Ready-Made Resume Builder. It’s based on all the great guidelines you’ll find on this website and it’s easy to use! You get a one-year membership when you sign up, which allows you to download resume templates, access over 80 resume phrases that you can copy and paste into your new resume, and lots of resume examples. Sign up today!