In this resume sample for a Banquet Manager at a large luxury hotel, a hybrid resume format is used. Why did the job seeker make this wise choice? Let’s take a look!
About This Resume Sample
Roseanne (not her real name) has had a lot of experience at a luxury hotel. Now, she would like to move up the ladder from an Assistant position to being a full-fledged Banquet Manager. Let’s see what she has done to show that she is ready to advance in her chosen career.
- At the top of the resume, she provides a brief but very focused Objective so that the reader knows just what job and what sort of setting Roseanne wants to work in.
- She uses the hybrid or combination format to show us that, first of all, she has been at the Westin for more than 12 years. Within that time, she has held a number of job titles.
- She has chosen to write a short paragraph under her current title of Assistant Banquet Manager, to give a quick sketch of the scope of her work and the large scale of the hotel.
- Then, Roseanne has listed her achievements under three skill headings. This way, she combines the best of both the chronological and functional formats to create a resume that has a clear and well thought-out structure. This structure not only helps the reader to follow the flow of Roseanne’s skills and achievements in her current role, it also helps Roseanne to arrange her thoughts and plan for an interview.
- At the bottom of the resume, Roseanne lists the other job titles she has held at the Westin, to let us know her total number of years there, and also to see how she has risen through the ranks to her current job. Since it is so long ago, and not as relevant to her job target, she does not go into detail about each of those prior roles. This also helps keep her resume to one page!
Take a look at Roseanne’s sample resume. It might inspire you!
Resume Sample for Banquet Manager
Need More Resume Help?
If you’re thinking about hiring a professional resume writer to help you write a resume, check out our Damn Good Resume Team. Our writers are skilled at solving resume problems like spans of unemployment in your work history, career change, and age issues. We’d be glad to help you create a great resume!