We have lots of good resume tips for you. If you’re looking for the answer to a certain question or just want to see what’s new in the world of resume writing, you’re in the right spot.
Browse through these articles by Yana Parker, co-author of The Damn Good Resume Guide.
All About Resumes
- 22 Hot Tips for Resume Writing
- Damn Good Resume Examples
- A Few More Resume Samples
- Military-to-Civilian Resume Advice
- How to Choose a Good Professional Resume Writer
All About Thank You Letters and Job Reference Pages
- Sample Thank You Letter — Right After the Interview
- Sample Follow-Up Letter — Two Weeks After the Interview
- How to Write a Job Reference Page and Sample Reference Page
50 Resume and Job Search Questions and Answers
- What can I do while waiting after a job interview?
- How do you explain having been fired?
- Where does personal data go on my resume?
- Where would you put your E-mail address?
- Is there a format for a student with multimedia skills but no experience?
- I get interviews, but no jobs, what am I doing wrong
- I just got out of the service and I need a resume. Can you help me?
- How do I include my salary history if the company asks for it?
- Why can’t I find enough actual resume examples?
11. Does your resume software have a “fit-on-one-page” feature?
12. Should I list the date I graduated on my resume?
13. Do I need a job objective on my resume, when it’s already in the cover letter?
14. Can I state my objectives THIS candidly?
15. I have started a resume business; do you have any tips for getting clients?
16. His resume makes him look like a job-hopper. How can I change it?
17. I just CAN’T write a resume — but I’m GOOD at what I do. Can you help?
18. I quit work for two years to stay home; how do I put THAT on my resume?
19. I left my last job because of all the lying; how do I deal with that?
20. I’ve sent out hundreds of resumes. Why don’t I get a response?
21. Where do I find the correct industry jargon to write my client’s resume?
22. I want to write resumes professionally; where do I start?
23. Will a resume with vague dates be thrown away?
24. What will they think about why he left his last job?
25. How do I deal with my arrest record?
26. How to put retirement years on a resume for returning to work?
27. How can I give references if my past employer fired me?
28. Should I list my references right on the resume?
29. Do I really HAVE to fill out the application blanks?
30. Should I fill out the application blank in their office?
31. Which tense do I use, past or present?
32. What salary do I put on my resume?
33. Should CPR certification go on my non-medical resume?
34. What do I have to do to make my resume faxable?
35. Isn’t it LYING if I change my job title to fit my job responsibilities?
36. My resume makes me look overqualified, how do I tone it down?
37. What advice can you give me about advertising my new resume service?
38. Does your resume software have any graphics?
39. My dad has worked in other countries all his life, what do I put on his resume?
40. I worked at one job for 9 years and have no other job experience, what do I do?
41. How do I apply for a position in which I’ve had no previous work experience?
42. How should I present my resume and what type of paper should I use?
43. How can I translate military experience into useful assets?
44. Smoking is getting between my client and successful interviews; what do I do?
45. I only have a half-year of experience; can I make that look okay?
46. I’m sixteen, can you help me put a resume together?
47. Should I take my severance package and go, or stick it out with a new manager?
48. My client was an exotic dancer (stripper); what do I put in that 12-year part of her resume?
49. How do I write a resume for freelance work?
50. I have the experience, so why can’t I get a job as a secretary?
Questions 51 -
“I need to get OUT of this dead-end job! How do I make my resume show that I DO have the skills for a job with a future?”